Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Treasure Life Cards

Some stamp sets are like old friends--I don't think I will ever tire of the set Treasure Life from Close to My Heart.  I think it actually may be retired now (sigh).  At any rate, what I love about this set is its simplicity and how fabulous it looks when you just no-fuss stamp it with one color.  My first card simply uses a few wildflowers from this stamp set stamped in Sweet Leaf (CTMH) ink on a white card base.  Then, I used a brown pen and a ruler to draw in an outline box (tried not to be perfect with it).  Next, I stamped the sentiment in chocolate ink.  The sentiment is a wood and rubber stamp from the $1 bin at Michael's--I must say I LOVE sentiments that have multiple font styles in them--I am a total sucker for script with print, etc. 
 
 
 
 
I like how it turned out--just a great simple note to send a friend.  (As always, you can click on the image to see it bigger and in more detail)
 
 
For these next cards, I also used the concept of stamping in one color directly on the card base.  I randomly placed various flowers from the Treasure Life stamp set on a 4x6 acrylic block, so I was able to ink them all as ONE big group and stamp ONCE to make the entire card front--gotta love clear stamps!  I just changed up the order of the flowers for each card.  I used the sentiments that come in the Treasure Life stamp set in Cocoa ink (CTMH).  The ink colors for the wildflowers were Gray Flannel, Blush, Crystal blue, and Sweet Leaf (CTMH).


 
These cards made a sweet little boxed card set for a friend of mine last Christmas!
 
Hope you have a very blessed and creative day.  Until next time, friend :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment