Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Recipe Quick Album

 How are you organizing your favorite holiday recipes this year?  Are they all in one place, or do you find the need to hunt-and-peck (like a chicken with their head cut off) to find them each year?  Well, last year I rounded up all of our favorite family holiday recipes and placed them inside this cute little album from Creative Memories.  This particular album design has a strap that transforms the flat book into a little easeled display--how fun and functional!  Here is the introduction page--me with the three kiddos in the kitchen!
 There are recipes for Easter, birthdays, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas in here.  Below is a recipe for my Mother's Cornbread Stuffing and the page also includes a picture from one of our Thanksgiving dinners several years ago--so special!
 Hmmm....pumpkin pie....
 And a look at the Thanksgiving menu (below).  I include holiday menus throughout the book even though they vary a bit year to year, just to give me a basis to work from.  Again...helpful to have this put together for me ahead of time!
All patterned papers, recipe cards, stickers, and accents were part of the Recipe Quick Album kit from Creative Memories--so sad they are not in business anymore to be offering these!  But if you are interested, they might be on sites like Ebay.  Hope you are able to round up your family's favorite recipes this year and have them all in one place.  This makes for stress-free holiday meal planning, but it also provides such a wonderful keepsake for generations to come!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great idea :) I've been planning on putting together a recipe book for years and was never clever enough to do it... thanks to my sweet friend I will have a book :)

    ReplyDelete