Friday, January 18, 2013

Timeless Portrait Display Tray

Wow, I have had the crafting bug lately!  Can't wait to share with you some new projects and cards I have made recently!
 
I was so super stoked when I found this display tray at Hobby Lobby over the holidays for $7--score!  I immediately set it aside for MYSELF--I usually gift so many of the things I make these days--but I knew the exact paper I wanted to use for this tray--another great steal!  I have stalked this paper collection from Stampin Up, Timeless Portrait, which features these amazing sillouette faces, but then, totally missed out on them before they retired!  I contacted my SU consultant Heather Howe who assured me that, in time, I MIGHT find it in the clearance section of her website one day.  Well...to my delight...it DID appear in the clearance section over the holidays for $4--yippee!!
 
I used most of the patterned papers featured in this paper pack for each little box of the display tray.  Here is a full shot of the display tray--it is roughly 12x12 in size.
 
 


Check out that rosette!  Lisa Stenz has a great video tutorial on how to make these beauties here.  I used the Fiskars border punch, Martha Stewart scoring board, a circle punch or two, and a button and red baker's twine.
 



Stamped sentiment is from the Michaels $1 bin--love it!  I matted it with black cardstock and popped it up on foam dots for some dimension.  Hard to tell in the picture, but I trimmed out the sillouttes and then popped them up on foam squares to add some extra dimension, as well.  I plan to add some CTMH bitty sparkles on the butterflies at a later date (when I replenish my stash next order)
 

 
Black skeleton keys are from Michaels (Recollections) and stamped words popped up on foam squares are from the Love Blooms stamp set (CTMH) stamped in black ink

 
Monarch double punch from Martha Stewart (black), Martha Stewarrt butterfly punch (red and blue)

 
 
Frame cut out from the patterned paper--got the idea from my Avonlea Display tray here.
 

 
Black striped grosgrain ribbon from CTMH finishes off the handle--thanks for the advance, Lisa!! And finally a row of white rosette ribbon from the Tim Holtz collection (Michaels).


 
There you have it---busy, yes...but it was a blast to create and makes for a very interesting, multidimentional, textural, and timeless work of art.  Such sweet memories and faces--what a treasure!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!!! That is the most beautiful tray ever!! I love it Risa! It turned out perfectly! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete