Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dotty for You Mini Note Set

 Hello there!  I wanted to share with you a cute little note card set I made using the My Creations card box from CTMH.  It can be covered with paper or inked and has a magnetic closure flap.  I first learned how to make these little note card sets using the Pemberley paper with Lisa Stenz's club kit about a year ago (see her post here). 
 
This project uses the Dotty for You paper pack (retired), Paradise paper flowers, colonial white mini medley accents, Paradise bakers twine (lagoon), and pink pleated ribbon (SU).  I used He Said, She Said stamp set (CTMH, retired) for the "notes" flower center on the box lid stamped in Sweet Leaf ink.  I also inked the entire box edges/flap with Sweet Leaf ink. 
 
 
 
 Inside view--little handmade compartments for the 3x3 notes, envelopes, and matching pen.
 
 
For the notes, I used 3x6 pieces of the gorgeous flower pattered paper from the paper pack (instead of random stamping), folded in half, and I rounded the corners with my corner rounder (CM).  For the sentiments, I adhered the cut-out brackets (using foam tape) from the CTMH stamp set Crafted with Love in coordinating inks (Smoothie, Sweat Leaf, Lagoon) with various sentiments from the CTMH Card Word Puzzle stamp set.





I also stamped coordinating 3x3 envelopes using a flower from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set and then slipped a bit of paper inside a Pentel pen to make a matching pen for the set.  Thanks to Lisa for this great idea--I've made several of these in various paper patterns for gifts throughout the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment