Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Monogram Christmas Cards

Hello there!  Today I'd like to show you some monogram Christmas cards I put together the other day.  This is a design directly inspired by Lisa Stenz--check out her blog post here.  After doing her club project with the mauve and brown color scheme, I decided to give it a try using some Christmas paper I had on hand from a few years ago (CTMH Mistletoe, retired).  These cards feature the Perfect Fit Frames stamp set (CTMH), which coordinates with the Cricut (but honestly, the shapes are really easy to trim out, so even if I had a Cricut to do the work for me, I'd probably just do it by hand to be quicker!) and the F Monogram stamped in Olive ink.  I also used a 1 1/4 inch circle punch (for the monogram) and a 1 1/2 inch scalloped circle punch (for the red cardstock).
 



 
 
 
(looks like that bracket should have been slid a bit to the right!  Oh well...that is handcrafting for you...never perfect!)
 
Here's a group shot...
 


And finally, all four are packaged up with envelopes in a clear card box (PTI), wrapped with red striped grosgrain ribbon (SU!) and a Christmas gift tag (SU curly label punch with coordinating Christmas stamp, retired) tied on with some red baker's twine.  Adorable!
 



Perfect for a Filbey family member or teacher gift--both of the kids' teachers have last names that start with F  this year :)  Hope you have a creative day!  See you back again real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment