Sunday, January 20, 2013

Timeless Portrait Cards

Back again with the gorgeous paper pack, Timeless Portrait from Stampin Up! 
 
I decided to make elegant thank you cards with a black, white, and cream color scheme and my new blossom punch from SU. 
 
This cream flower (below) was fun to make.  The bottom layer is the blossom punch (SU), but the top petals are actually the modern label punch (SU), punched three times and layered at different angles on top!  It makes for a nice full (but not bulky) flower embellishement!  A button tops it off.  Thanks sentiment stamped in black from CTMH's Card Chatter--Sympathy stamp set
 (one of my all time favs).  Card base is the die cut cards from CTMH--thought I could live with just one pack of these, but I had to go back for more!
 
 
 
Same idea--this time with a scalloped circle punch on top of the blossom punched out shape, with a pop of red and some black baker's twine (red flower button from CTMH)



This card is basically just horizontal layers.  Most of the layers are patterned paper, but I did do a row of white ribbon rosettes (Tim Holtz, Michaels) and then used my Fiskars border punch for the bottom stripe--love the blue featured and the little pop of red!
 

 
Same idea, just swapped out the rosette ribbon for this satin ribbon--this is my first attempt to pleat ribbon!  Turned out great--thanks to glue dots under each fold!! 



And lastly, these sillouettes just had to be turned into a mother's day project of some sort!  Here is the card I came up with--very simple.  Sentiment is from Say It in Style stamp set (CTMH)--another favorite of mine!
 
 



Stay tuned for more sillouettes coming soon!  I may be just a bit obsessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment