Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Florentine Frame

A HUGE shout out goes to Kelly and Christine  for this gorgeous project!! 
I had some extra Florentine paper (CTMH) hanging around and I did my best to recreate this frame of theirs using my own supplies.
 
The most FABULOUS part about this project is the price tag, I might add!  It is an 8x8 wooden $1 frame from Michaels, but you'd never know it once you cover it with paper, ink up the edges, and paint the back (I used dark brown paint, not shown)!
 
What was also fun about this project is that it stretched me--I confess, I am not a "blue" person when it comes to home decor--I will go with the warm tones every time! But I honestly love how it turned out and it has a permanent home in our living room and looks great!
 
 
 
A rosette is the focal point--I used my Fiskars border punch, some Alene's Tacky craft glue, and topped it with a Florentine Stickease flower sticker and then a round durable stud (CTMH). These studs are used for some bling to the right of the picture opening, too.  Flourishes are from two retired stamp sets, Follow your dreams (CTMH) and a Stampin Up stamp set (can't recall the name)--stamped in Cocoa ink.
 

 
Sentiment is another Florentine Stickease sticker, embellished with some mocha adhesive pearls.  Brown grosgrain ribbon and the paper pack "zip strip" with the lace edge trimmed out, embellish the bottom of the frame.



Went with a black and white picture for this project--glad I did as it has a timeless quality to it! Hope you like this project, too!  Super easy and beautiful!
 
Thanks for stopping by--have a creative day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment