Thursday, January 24, 2013

Avonlea Workshop Cards

 
Hi there!  Wanted to share with you these gorgeous cards I made using the Avonlea Workshop on the Go cardmaking kit from CTMH!  I made up FIVE of each of these THREE designs in ONE sitting!!  Wowsers--15 all occasion cards in a sitting that are gorgeous--gotta LOVE that!!  What I love about these WOTG kits is that you get an amazing full-color tutorial with a cutting guide, stamping guide, etc, so that those of us without a demonstrator nearby can still feel like we've gone to a class and been taught some new techniques (and there is no class fee)!  Plus, when your supplies are used up, you still have the stamp set to make more or to use on different projects--win, win, win :)
 
Here is an upclose shot of each of the card styles.  I pretty much followed the enclosed kit instructions.  Love the tone-on-tone stamping I did on the chocolate cardstock with the enclosed text background stamp--so subtle but pretty and very classy :)  This is actually a card I will teach my MOPS group later this month as it is a gorgeous design but super easy to piece together--I will use different patterened papers and inks, but the stamp design and the same stamps.  Oh, and I love that gray organza ribbon!!


 
 
Another card style...
 


And here is another card--love the sentiment, but also love how this can be for the guys--it is elegant, but also masculine--a look that can be hard to achieve!
 



I recently sent out the above two cards to my dear Aunt and Uncle who were in a horrible car accident around New Year's.  We have been lifting them up in prayer and the Lord has been faithful to help them through surgery and heal and restore them!  We will continue to pray for them!
I love how the artform of cardmaking can not only be fun and creative, but can also serve to encourage and minister to others.  Have you sent a handwritten card to someone you love recently?  If not...today is the perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment