Sunday, September 9, 2012

Circle Rosettes Layout

Well, I couldn't post a Father's Day project without also including one I did for Mother's Day a few years ago, could I?  I had a very special Mother's Day with my two children, at the time, and enjoyed their cards.  This picture was taken that afternoon--it is funny because my son was crying, but the picture sort of made it look like he was laughing!  Gotta love that. 
 
 
 
At any rate, I made a very simple one-page layout to memorialize the day. I used an 8x10 print, matted it on white cardstock and then adhered that to a beautiful sheet of cardstock weight patterned paper (I got this paper in a pack from Michael's but cannot recall the brand--sorry).  Then, I journaled on kraft paper strips and adhered them to the page.
 
My embellishments were really fun to make. They are circle rosettes that you can easily make with a 1" circle punch. 
 

 
 
You need to punch out 9 circles from DOUBLE SIDED patterned paper. Eight of these circles will be used for petals and one will be the base.  To make the petals, fold each of the eight circles into thirds, overlapping each side (see picture). Then, adhere these 8 folded petals around in a circle right on top of the 9th circle base.  Next, adhere a button with a glue dot for the flower center. Lastly, adhere the flower onto kraft cardstock and cut around the flower leaving about 1/8" border--this will make the flower stand out from the patterned paper page. Finally, I cut leaves out (free-form from folded paper), adhered them around the flowers and drew a few stems with a brown pen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can also made flower buds by just using three petals (see below).
 
 

 
Hope you have a very creative day--see you again soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment