Friday, September 14, 2012

Isaac's Birthday Invitations

 
I want to share one of my latest craft projects with you--birthday invitations for my sweet son, Isaac.  At his request, he wants a "rocket party" with "Buzz Lightyear and pandas."  I always hate going the commercial party route, and since he isn't that much into the whole Toy Story cast, I figured just a regular space-themed party would be best for him (with some pandas...his favorite animals...thrown in, of course).  Here are the invitations I came up with:
 
 


About a week after talking with Isaac, I saw that CTMH had come out with a new space-themed stamp set, Outta this World, in their fall/winter catalog--perfect!  I paired it with a retired paper pack, Animal Cookies, black ink, and then broke out my colored pencils (CTMH) and some red baker's twine. 


 
The card inside was fun to do, too.  I used the rock and roll stamping technique for the stars (Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango inks, SU), and then just random stamped them around the card.  The UFO was stamped in Pear ink (CTMH). All the sentiments are from the Outta this World stamp set and are stamped in black.  I really love the robot image (Basic Gray ink, SU)--in fact, if it were up to me, I'd choose to have a robot party!
 
 
 
 
 
I think Isaac was really pleased with how they turned out--he can't wait to give them to some friends in his class :)
 
Now for the thank you notes...

No comments:

Post a Comment