Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Leaf Cards

Happy Fall Y'all!!
 
I am so excited that fall has finally arrived.  Of course, here in Florida, the ONLY way you'd know it was fall is that Starbucks now serves Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Dunkin' Donuts has Pumpkin Donuts--yum!  Anyway, I have to have my fall leaves this year only in craft form...hence these fall cards I made last week!  I used CTMH's new quick card Bountiful Season stamp set. This is a nice one because it features a beautiful leaf/swirl pattern AND sentiment all in one stamp!  As you can see below, I made various versions of the same card using different ink colors and patterned paper.  I started with CTMH Kraft card bases which are 6x6 in size and have a cute little scallop flap.  I wrapped this flap with jute button twine (PTI) and tied it in a knot.  For the patterned paper, I used Olivia paper pack (CTMH, retired) and the Flirty paper pack (CTMH, mustard patterned paper only).  I stamped with either Barn Red or Goldrush ink (CTMH).  Then, whatever color I stamped with for the main image/sentiment, I then stamped another image in the opposite color and cut out just the leaf.  Then, I paper pieced the leaf on top of the image, popping it up on foam dots for a bit of dimension (you can see the shadow in the first card that demonstrates this dimension).  Then, I outlined the leaf stem and the swirls with glitz glitter gel (stardust)--I love how it makes the image pop and glisten!
 
Here are a few samples of the versions I created...
 
 
 
(Olivia papers, mocha opaque pearls)


Up close of the stamped image:


 
 



(Olivia papers, featuring pear green, canvas badge button with acorn stamp from fall Petite Perks stamp set, retired)
 
 


(Flirty paper pack, mustard paper, Olivia paper for maroon banner, wooden badge button with acorn stamp from fall Petite Perks stamp set, retired)
 
 
I can't wait to pop these into the mail to thank some friends and family members for their love and let them know how BLESSED I am to have them in my life!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment