Monday, August 13, 2012

Travel Mini Book

** Warning--Photo Heavy Blog Post **

Welcome back--so glad you stopped by today!  I want to share with you a project that is travel-themed, as I know many of you have ventured to places near and far this summer!  This is a very easy minibook that you can create with just heavy weight cardstock, ribbon, and a hole punch.  I used a paper pack from JoAnn's Craft store--I think it might have been DCWV but I can't recall.   You can make this book in any size--I made mine 6x6, which simply meant that I cut several 12x12 cardstock papers in half, stacked them on top of each other, folded them the middle, and then punched two holes in the crease to make a book, tying it together with ribbon.  For the cover, I cut a small 2x2 window with a square punch and lined it with word strips from my label maker.


Front cover with peek-a-boo window


 1st page


3rd and 4th pages


Travel inserts are from Lisa Bearnson's Kit of the Month Destination Journal kit














I gave this book to my SIL who used to do quite a bit of travel, both for pleasure and business.  I included a little handmade envelope with photo corners with this gift, so she could put in her own pictures easily!  Hope you have fun on your creative journey today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment