Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cross-Stitch Card



Hi there!  Back from a great vacation at the lake and back with some blog inspiration for you.  I used to cross-stitch all the time growing up--in fact, I learned how to do it from my mother when I was 9 years old.  I still cross-stitched even when I was in college and I have since cross-stitched a baby sampler for each of my three children.  Unfortunately, this is a hobby that I no longer have the patience or the time to do.  But to my delight, Stampin Up's new catalog featured this stamp set called "Hoop La La"  It features a cute embroidery hoop, several cross-stitched images and sentiments, and even a needle pulling thread.  I used pinking shears to cut out the cardstock (Lucky Limeade, SU) and then stamped it with a linen background stamp from Universal Backgrounds (CTMH).  Then I inked the flower image (Pool Party, SU) and sentiment (Lucky Limeade, SU) and then used aqua-colored baker's twine and tied it around the front.  This was the quickest cross-stitch project I've ever made!  And I think it turned out super cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment