Saturday, November 28, 2015

Dining Room Table Runner

Breaking out the sewing machine today and upholstry fabric that I have had for 10 YEARS(!!) to make a runner for my dining room table!  This is fabric I've had left over when we recovered our chairs way-back-when and I am finally brave enough to make it happen!!

I literally folded the fabric I had in half (wrong sides together), cut it into points at either end, pinned, and sewed around it with matching thread.  Then, I turned it right-side out and top-stitched around the entire thing with my machine.  

An up-close view...

I couldn't be more pleased with the results!  I am glad I just went for it and didn't mess with measuring.  I might add tassels at either end using buttons later when the kids (and cat) get older and stop playing under the table!  We will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment