Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peeps Gift Bags






I am really starting to get excited for Easter around here. The azaleas are in full bloom and temps are getting into the 80's--spring has definately "sprung" here in Florida. In that spirit, I was able to do a little bit of crafting with the kids last week to make some Peep gift bags for their preschool friends. My daughter, Natalie, helped a lot with the stamping and my son Isaac enjoyed coloring in the images with colored pencils, as did Natalie and I--it was definately a fun group project for Spring Break.
These gift bags are super easy! Basically I purchased "pretzel bags" in the gift bag section of Michael's--they come in a large pack plenty for lots of different projects. Then, I bought several Peeps boxes of different colored bunny peeps and cut them apart using kitchen shears. Then, I slid three into each pretzel bag. Next, I cut a rectangle out of white cardstock, folded it in half, stamped my images/colored them in on the front, and then stapled each cardstock topper onto each loaded gift bag to seal. I tried to use coordinating ink for the sentiment to match the color of Peeps in the bags. I recently got a Peeps stamp set from CTMH (called "My Peeps") so I plan to make more of these with the actual bunny peep stamp image soon, so expect to see more when I get the chance to ink that stamp set up.
The kids were excited to help...and eat some leftover Peeps afterwards, of course.

 
Here's the one I used with CTMH's My Peeps Stamp set--it turned out cute, too.
Supplies used:
ink: (SU) Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, (CTMH) Gypsy, black
stamps: Happy Easter (Michael's), Eggs (Sensational Season, CTMH), Crafted with Love (CTMH back labels)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love the idea! I was wondering if you had any ideas for how to make gift cards look cute. I am planning to get some gift cards for end of the year teacher gifts and want them to look better than just a card.

    ReplyDelete