Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Guest Blogger: Mommy's Chore Chart

Here is another great idea for your home from my sister, MaryEllen Kiser!  Take it away, sis!...
 
I go through seasons of being a SAHM where I feel scattered with my household duties. I haven't felt like I am keeping on top of things the way that I want to and since I recently made a chore chart for one of my daughter's it hit me- Why not make a chore chart for me? That way I can easily see what I need to be doing instead of trying to remember everything. I decided to go with a daily list and then break it out by day. Now some things on this list may seem intuitive but honestly there are days when it is just so nice to have a reminder about things because sometimes a mommy's brain is just so full! Other days it is just really nice to be able to check something off and feel a sense of accomplishment for doing something simple!

I started by typing everything up on my computer and printed it all out. I found a pretty piece of scrapbook paper in my stash and cut it down to 81/2 x 11. I then found a piece of complimentary paper and cut it into a strip that I added to the top for my title. I used a label that was already decorated and put my typed sentiment in it. I used a flower punch and used up more paper from my stash to create two flowers and attached a button to the center. I cut out each of my chore lists and attached it to my paper. Then I created a journal spot at the bottom for my Bible verse which serves to motivate and help me to remember my purpose in serving my family. It is ultimately all about Him anyway!

I put my chore chart in a page protector and attached magnets to the back so I could put it on my refrigerator to serve as a daily reminder. I can easily check it off with a dry erase marker or just use it as is. I also like that I can easily edit my chore lists and switch them out as need be. I love that it is pretty on my refrigerator, contains God's word and helps me on my quest to be a better homemaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment