Monday, May 26, 2014

Be Still Canvas Frame

 Last week was a bit of a crazy one!  We got the news that my Dad took a nasty fall and suffered a vertebral fracture, landing him in the trauma center flat on his back and awaiting extensive surgery.  Our family lifted up many prayers for his healing and comfort (and continue to do so), and yet, we also felt it hard to be so far away (he was several states away) and not be able to do something.  Well, that is where papercrafting came to the rescue!  We were not only able to send him cards (hand-drawn by the kids, papercrafted by me, and store-bought), but I was able to put together this little 4x4 canvas frame for his bedside!  

Let me tell you how I put it together (it was a quick and fun little project!).  I found the canvas in a frame from Michaels--it was on an endcap near their framing department with all the artistic canvases (they also sell a white frame version).  Then I picked out two black-and-cream patterned papers from my stash (a newsprint and a damask print from SU).  I cut the damask into a 4x4 square to fit the canvas and adhered it with Tombow permanent adhesive.  Then, I tore two corners from the newsprint paper, inked up the torn edges with Desert Sand ink (CTMH) and a sponge and adhered these down in the corners.  For the sentiment, I used one of my favorite stamps from CTMH, Be Still, stamped in black ink (Versamark) on colonial white cardstock.  I inked it up the colonial white cardstock with Desert Sand ink and matted it on Bamboo cardstock, then adhered it to the canvas.  Lastly, I used some metal cross embellishments (Michaels) popped up with 3D foam tape--you can see the dimension it provides in the next pictures...

I really love how it turned out!  It sits up using a little dowel rod/hole system (or it can be hung) and I pray it will be a source of encouragement for my Dad as he convalesces with family for the next several weeks!  I love when my passion for papercrafting can be used by God to bless and encourage others, especially those near-and-dear to my heart!  I hope you, too, can be a bright spot in someone's day with your craft, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment