Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pillow Box

This creation was made from an old piece of patterned cardstock that I've had in my stash for years. Honestly, I had grown tired of it and just didn't want to use it in my scrapbooks anymore. So, instead, I decided to use it for a little "pick me up" for someone special. I used a pillow box template I had recently bought from here. CTMH has a Cricut cartridge that can cut many 3-D boxes, including this one, in any size you'd want...but seeing that I do not have that cartridge (yet) or a Cricut (yet), I decided these templates would do the job. I had to size the box down a bit from the template, but it looked to be about a square, so I started with a 7x7" piece of paper and went from there and, using my red-line sticky adhesive, it came together pretty quickly.
For the trim, I used the new pleated ribbon from SU (thanks Heather) and stamped out the sentiment using this month's Stamp of the Month, Thoughtful Tidings, from CTMH using Riding Hood Red ink (SU). I cut the sentiment shape out (again, the Cricut could do this for me), and adhered it with glue dots. Then, I added a few flowers from my stash (Michaels) and some red gemestones in the centers.
I filled the box with Hershey Kisses and sealed up the end--done :) I love how craft supplies can come together, from lots of different sources, and make what I was tired with into a special treasure. I plan to give this to my small group Bible study leader in a few weeks--hope she enjoys it.

1 comment:

  1. Risa, this is such an adorable pillow box!!!! Very nice use of the ribbon. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete