Thursday, April 17, 2014

Embossed Beauties

Hello friend!  Back again today with some more fun creations made with my new Cuttlebug machine and embossing folders!  I ordered a few folders from CTMH and they arrived the other day--YIPPEE!  I was excited to run some of CTMH's white-core cardstock through the Cuttlebug and sand down the embossed designs to get some neat effects and texture on my card fronts.   As you can see, I used virtually NO patterned paper--that is HUGE for me!  I have NEVER made a card with JUST cardstock before, but as you can see, there is a lot of visual interest and PUNCH with these embossed designs, you really don't miss it!  I also used CTMH's April stamp of the month, Balloon Talk--I can already tell I am going to LOVE this set and use it a lot!  Isn't it fun?
The card below uses the quatrefoil (pink--cotton candy cardstock) and damask (green--pear cardstock) embossing folders from CTMH.  I also used pear ink to stamp the "hello" word bubble.  I finished it off with some green baker's twine (local scrapbook store) and some Flamingo dots (CTMH).  The cloud die-cut shape is a left over I had from making these cards with the January promotional card kit.
 This card is similar, but uses the chevron embossing folder (cotton candy cardstock) and the quatrefoil folder (pear cardstock) and then I stamped a few more word bubbles using pear and blush ink and just fussy cut them out...
 The background with this card is the polka dot folder (Cuttlebug brand) and the chevron design is on top...and few more of those clouds and dots...
 I used a teeny bit of patterned paper to use up some scraps from the Lollydoodle paper pack (CTMH) and backed it with cotton candy cardstock...

Well, as you can see, you get a LOT of POP by sanding the embossed designs with fine gauge sand paper--love how that white cord shines through!  Each large word bubble I also popped up with some 3D foam tape for even more POP!

Stop by next time to see an inking technique with the embossed designs!  And be sure to have a creative one, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment