Thursday, December 20, 2012

Remarkable Wreath Cards

 
 
 Had a great time stamping with this beautiful stamp set this week--it is called Remarkable Wreath by CTMH.  It has a twig wreath, bow, banner sentiments, and various wreath fillers, such as berries, leaves, flowers and such.  It is a fun and easy set to layer since they are all clear stamps--love that!

I am ALWAYS in need of Christmas thank you cards, so I made a card featuring a Christmas style wreath with a "thanks" banner inside.  I stamped the wreath with Cocoa ink, the leaves in olive ink, and then used Riding Hood red ink (SU) to paper piece the bow and banner sentiment.  Then, I had fun adhering green and red gems in the wreath (do this using a paper piercing tool to make it easy on yourself!), and I placed larger red gems on either side of the focal image (which I popped up with foam dots).  I don't recall the source of the patterned paper, but the cardstock used was Sweet Leaf and Cocoa (CTMH).
 

 
And...now for a Valentines' version!  It is never too early to craft for the next holiday! LOL!  Again, I stamped the wreath in Cocoa ink, and then stamped the sentiment and berries in red ink.  I punched the wreath out using a 2" circle punch--I like how the wreath can either be in a circle or square focal point--can't decide which I like better!  Again, used adhesive gems, this time in red and pink, for the wreath.  Patterened paper was from the Sweetheart paper pack (CTMH, retired) with cranberry and cocoa cardstock.
 
Hope you, too, have a creative day!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment