Thursday, October 4, 2012

Butterfly Wall Decor

 
 
 
Hello and welcome!  Today I wanted to post one of my favorite home decor projects to date.  It is this butterfly picture made with two Martha Stewart punches and a recessed matted frame from Michaels.  Now, butterflies are one of my FAVORITE things--I have to resist from buying more butterfly themed craft items at times!  In addition to these two butterfly punches used here, I also have Martha's big monarch butterfly double punch--so gorgeous!  The reason I LOVE butterflies is two fold--first they are beautiful in their own right, but secondly, and more significiantly, butterflies symbolize a powerful spiritual truth.  You see, when we know Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior and repent of our sin and believe in Him, our very beings are permanently transformed.  Like a butterfly, who starts out as a fat and ugly caterpillar, emerges forever changed from his crystalis, so we as believers, are forever and beautifully changed!  We have this promise in 2 Corinthians 5:17:
 
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
 
Praise God!  Bet you didn't think I'd get all theological on you in a craft blog, did ya?
 
Well, let me move on to how I created this picture.  It is truly quite simple.  All I did was find a magazine page that had a gradation of colors on it--a picture that from top to bottom, moved into one color scheme into the next, into the next.  Then, I punched butterflies out using my two MS punches, which created three sizes of butterflies.  Next, I arranged them according to their color in sort of a "swoop" pattern on white cardstock.  When I liked the arrangement, I simply adhered some flat on the page, and others I just popped up on foam dots for some dimension.   Lastly, I handwrote a sentiment with a fine tipped black pen at the bottom.
 
 
Upclose: (handwritten sentiment states "change is possible")
 

 
Since the mat has a recessed component, I was able to fold up some of the butterfly wings and really appreciate the various heights of the butterflies.  (As always, you can click on the picture for a larger view--sorry it is a bit blurry)
 
Well, I hope you are not only inspired but encouraged today!  Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment