Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Watercoloring

Okay, my kids do not know this, but I have my OWN watercolor paint box and have enjoyed exploring how to use this new medium in my cardmaking and scrapbooking lately!  It is fun and makes me feel like a "real" artist!

Oh so pretty...even right in the box!



I bought my watercolors and watercolor paper from Close to My Heart (but I have seen an identical set of paints at Michael's crafts store for a few dollars less!).

Using a bit of water and a round brush, I blended several colors, warm to cool, on a piece of white watercolor paper.  Then I stamped using Memento ink (pigment ink that won't run with water) and wrote in curseive using an archival quality black ink pen.



Stamps used: Framework alphabet from CTMH; Pinwheel CTMH stamp set (for "world")


Then, I backed it onto black cardstock and adhered it as a title for my scrapbook page.


Fun and easy and oh, so, artsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment