Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Babycakes Card Box and Notebook

Hello, my friend!  I have a few new projects to post...most recently this adorable little gift set that I made with the Babycakes CTMH paper packet.  It is really a baby-themed paper pack, but has a wonderfully neutral color palette with gray and brown and a bit of yellow and orange (trendy, too) that makes great year-round gifts and home decor projects!  For this project, I used the CTMH card box and covered it with the polka dot pattern from the Babycakes paper packet.

 I added sunset baker's twine (CTMH), Cork letters (CTMH clearance), and punched a monarch butterfly (Martha Stewart) which I popped up with glue dots and blinged up with some bitty adhesive gems (CTMH).
 Then, I covered this kraft notebook (Walmart) with the polka dot paper, twine and cork letters, too, and placed it inside the box.

 Here's a few detail shots of the butterfly, showing you some of the dimension of the butterfly wings and how intricate the punch is....just beautiful!
This little gift set will go to a friend and Bible study leader of mine who is battling cancer.  I have been encouraging her with cards throughout her journey, and now she will have a special place to put all the cards she receives from myself and others!  In addition, she can keep a gratitude journal or just log the items for which she needs to thank others for since I know the body of Christ has been ministering to her and her family's needs during this difficult trial.  I hope this gift set puts a smile on her face and encourages her in the home stretch of her chemo treatments!

No comments:

Post a Comment