Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all

Here in Florida, we have to pretend it is fall--it is still 90+ degrees outside, there are NO signs of fall foliage (in fact, most of our trees are pines or palms and don't even have leaves)...so that is where crafting comes into play!  I have to make my own fall leaves in stamping form to get my "fix" :)
This card was made using my favorite stamping technique--the "rock and roll" method.  Basically you stamp your image in one color ink, then move to another (darker) ink and just roll the edges of the stamp on the pad, then make your impression on your paper.  The result is a beautifully shaded multi-color design!  Just love this effect using fall leaf stamps--soooo pretty and realistic!  Using the fall leaves, I random stamped to basically make my own patterned paper. The sentiments are from the zipstrip from CTMH's Huntington paper pack (just popped those on foam tape strips for some added dimension).  I plan to feature this paper pack over the next two weeks--it is great for fall and for masculine cards!  Stamp set: Autumn Splendor (CTMH, retired)  Ink (all CTMH): goldrush, olive, barn red, chocolate
I am off to enjoy my favorite fall delights--a pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin muffins--yum!  DD also has amazing pumpkin donuts this time of year...really anything pumpkin flavored is yummy to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment