Friday, May 24, 2013

Be Not Afraid Minibook


Back today to share with you this little minibook I created about fear--I titled it "Be Not Afraid" in small little letter stickers.  I featured this minibook very quickly when I gave you a tour of my spiritual journey suitcase--check out that blog post here if you missed it.  You can do this with any material that God has been teaching you as you study Scripture--one thought I have is to do one about the fruit of the Spirit, since I just finished Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself Bible study (excellent) or on the Book of James. 

Basically, what you do is jot down things the Lord has taught you through Scripture, books, or Bible study having to do with the chosen theme.  I used a premade minibook with kraft chipboard covers and cardstock pages (purchased online years ago, but I see these at Michaels regularly).



As you journal thoughts, write out notes, makes lists of teaching points, list Scripture, etc, you can decorate your pages with stickers, stamp images, or even spell out (using letter stickers) key words you have studied, like I did with the word MANNA below...


You can also attach bits of themed patterned paper in the margins or on tabs, etc.  Here, I used road-sign paper on my page titled "The Pathway to Peace" which unpacks Philippians chapter 4. Basically, you are just documenting what God has taught you in your own words, exploring His truths in a creative format.



These are just a few page spreads of my minibook to give you an idea.  There is no "right" or "wrong" way to do this type of a book!  The important thing to do is RECORD what God has taught you in your life, to serve as a monument in your own life, and perhaps to share with and encourage others, too.  Have a blessed and creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment