Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Destination Known Minibook


Back again today with another minibook from the spiritual journey suitcase--if you want to catch up, check out this blog post here.  This minibook is titled "Destination Known" because, praise God, my eternal destination is known thanks to Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for my sins!  On the pages of this minibook, I basically documented my spiritual journey--my childhood in a Christian home, how I became a Christian, people I admire and those whom have had an impact on me spiritually, trials I've had...you get the idea. 

To start with, I used a travel-themed minibook kit--this one was designed by Lisa Bearnson and was made available through her Kit of the Month Club several years ago.  There are TONS of travel-themed scrapbook supplies on the market today, so this project would not be hard to reproduce--you can either make your own book, or buy a blank chipboard book online or at your local scrapbook store.

Let me give you a quick tour inside...

My childhood....
 

 
My friend Jenny who helped lead me to Christ as well as some of my youth leaders/Sunday school teachers...
 


 
My first publication in YouthWalk magazine--an article entitled "Are You Salty or Bland?"--when I was in high school
 

 
 
Close Christian girlfriends and mentors...
 


Trials along the journey--the death of my mother to cancer just before I left for college...


 
More happenings along the way--completing my residency, marrying my husband, seeking God's will in my life with all sorts of major life decisions...
 



 
The arrial of children...God's little blessings!
 

Attritubes I am currently celebrating about God--this one was enjoying His role as Creator and enjoying His creativitiy...
 


 
Lessons learned, articles written (unpublished)
 



Bible study groups I've taught and led...
 


Hope this has given you an idea of what a concise "spiritual journey" minibook looks like!  You might never be able to document it ALL, but when you take the time to think about all that God has done in your life, you will be amazed at the things you CAN document.  Perhaps today is the day YOU can chronicle all that God has done in your life in a meaningful
and creative way, both to encourage you and perhaps your children and loved ones someday! 
 
 Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment