Sunday, November 25, 2012

Very Merry Christmas Cards

Back again today with a few Christmas cards I designed using CTMH's October Stamp of the Month, Very Merry Christmas.  I was excited to receive this stamp set for free as a part of participating in a hostess club from Jen Patrick--thanks Jen!
 
 
This first card (above) features the beautiful ornament from the set--I stamped it in red and decorated it with left over red glitter gems from the Pear and Partridge WOTG kit, some glitz glitter gel (I tend to reach for that with EVERY project these days!!) and some red baker's twine.  I popped the ornament up on foam squares for some dimention, too (there is a Cricut cartridge that cuts this shape out, but I just went low-tech and used my scissors as I do not own a Cricut...yet!).  The background features a technique I learned for the second card in this post.  I used olive ink and stamped in 2nd generation.  One thing I learned is that I prefer the look of a more script-style font for the background, because you don't have to line it up quite as much if the font is sort of on an angle, unlike this font! (see third card in this post to compare)
 
 
 Similar card here, just using some patterned paper instead of a stamped background--just as cute!
 
 

I am simply in love with these mittens (these also coordinate with a Cricut shape...but again, I cut out with scissors)!  This card features the stamped 2nd generation background in olive ink, this time using "Warmest Wishes" sentiment from the set.  I paper pieced the mitten cuff and then popped the mittens up on foam squares on top of a red baker's twine bow.   Two little glitter gems and some glitz glitter gel (cuff) dress it up!

Hope you got some inspiration today!  Hope to see you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment