Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pear and Partridge Christmas Cards

I had a lot of fun with my crafty friend and neighbor, Gaenor, the other day creating these Christmas cards!  I used CTMH's Pear and Partridge Workshop on the Go kit, so I can take absolutely NO credit for the design and composition of these cards (although I did take some liberties with the directions,  so my cards are not EXACTLY what was prescribed)! 
 
 I completed 15 cards (5 each of 3 designs) all in one sitting (approx. 2 1/2 hours). 
 
Here are all three designs, lined up for you:
 
 
This card design actually should have had some ribbon like the others, but I wanted to save some for my Christmas scrapbook layout (did I mention that I had left over scraps from this kit, enough to make a double page layout spread?  Very cool!).  I added glitz glitter gel over the ornaments to make them sparkle (not included in the kit).


The best part of the kit, in my opinion, was learning a new technique (for me)--that is, making a background out of a text stamp.  It is basically done by stamping the sentiment in "second generation" over and over again. "Second generation" stamping is when you stamp once in your ink pad, then stamp onto scrap paper and then directly onto your project without reinking.  What results is a soft, muted image, great for backgrounds! (I changed out the sentiment for this design card--I loved the Christmas specific one, and not the "happy holiday season" one).  I also used my glitz glitter gel ontop of the presents to add some pizazz :)


 
 
 This next one has my most FAVORITE Christmas stamp to date--love this stacked sentiment design!  And I masked it to make "A Merry Little" to be in red ink like the directions suggested--very fun!



Although I plan to send out photo cards this year to friends and family like we usually do, I thought these would be nice to have on hand :)  They were fun to do and with everything predesigned for you, it was a great project to do with a friend so you could chat!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment