Sunday, August 19, 2012

Flirty Card Workshop

Hello there--so nice of you to stop by today!  I have been working on a card workshop this weekend--I followed the simple cutting guide and directions found in CTMH's Wishes book (retired) for their Holiday Card Workshop.  Basically, you need 1 full sheet of cardstock (I used flirty raspberry, CTMH), 1 full sheet of patterned paper (floral from Flirty paper pack, CTMH), a quarter sheet of Colonial white cardstock, and 16 colonial white cardbases to create 16 cards, 2 of each design (I actually ended up with 2 extra designs, due to having some previous scraps).  Feel free to click on any of the pictures to get a better, upclose view.




This card set features a new paper pack called Flirty from CTMH which features unique colors of cardstock.  I LOVE the Flirty raspberry color, but was a bit disappointed because there are really no ink colors that are close to matching it.  I did end up using a secondary color from the paper pack, Sunset, but even that ink color was not a great match (too bright).  For the stamped flowers and leaves, I used the coordinating stamp set, Love Blooms, which I LOVE--it is fresh, fun, and contemporary.  I think I will love using it, probably even more so WITHOUT the matching paper, as then I won't feel so confined to using certain ink colors (and being frustrated when they don't match the paper).




Sentiment: Card Chatter--sympathy (CTMH), ink: olive (CTMH), black, sunset (CTMH)


Sentiment: Happy trails--PTI



Sentiment: Fiskars Thank you

One of my unique designs
Sentiment: Card Chatter--birthday (CTMH)


Sentiment: PTI, ink: Melon Mambo (SU)-was NOT happy with the new foam stamp pad as it was patchy and bled


Sentiment: Card Chatter--sympathy (CTMH)

 Another original design
Sentiment: Fiskars  Thank You



Sentiment: Just for You (CTMH)



Sentiment: Happy Trails--PTI



Another group shot :)

By using stamped embellishments, these cards ended up costing me pennies!!  Love that!
Hope you, too, have a creative day and perhaps get some happy mail in your mail box soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment