Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tree Card


I recently pulled out a neglected stamp set of mine, Trees and Things (CTMH).  It is a fun set to play with because it has a three part tree image and then cute accessories like swings, lanterns, small animals, etc.  I will be featuring this stamp set for the rest of the week and into next week.  I used the "rock n' roll" technique to create a two-toned leaf design for the treetop using Pear and Olive inks, and then used some patterned paper from one of my MOST favorite paper packs, Stella (CTMH), for the "grass."  The sentiment, tree trunk, and swing are stamped in cocoa ink, and the sentiment is from Because of You stamp set (CTMH, retired)--the inside reads "when friends fill our lives."  I plan to send this card to a dear friend who is struggling with some things in her life right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment