Friday, February 24, 2012

Pemberley Desk Set

I am feeling super inspired by one of CTMH's new spring paper packs, Pemberley. I am not really a "blue" person...I tend to gravitate more to warm colors and pinks...but this paper collection is fantastic. I put together this desk set which holds six handmade single-sided notecards and six stamped envelopes, which were directly inspired by Lisa Stenz and Valerie Stangle (box template).
I love that CTMH patterned papers are cardstock weight, which makes it easy to make a sturdy little notebox and show off both beautiful patterns on the paper--no need to line the inside (love that). You can't tell, but the bottom of the box is the dark blue pattern that matches the paper strip on the notecards. I stamped "NOTES" using the Trinity stamp set in Pacifica ink and trimmed out each letter, then popped them up using 3D foam tape. The border on top is the zip strip from one of the patterned papers--love how it all cordinates and yet isn't "fussy." Then, I used up some stray flowers I had (Michaels) from past projects and put an opaques pearl adhesive gem in the center for the top of the box and on each notecard.
The notecards came together pretty quickly.
I simply layered vanilla cream cardstock onto bamboo cardstock, added a decorative strip cut on one side with my scallop blade on my papertrimmer (Fiskars), and stamped various sentiments from CTMH's Card Word Puzzle stamp set (love this one) in Pacifica ink. I forgot to take a picture of the envelopes, but they were very simple, too. I simply stamped the small bunch of flowers from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set on the flap of each envelope. Seriously...the hardest part of this entire project...is deciding whether to keep it or give it away :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Risa! I love your new blog and am so excited to see your beautiful creations.

    Your "notes" project turned out SUPER cute! I love the Pemberley papers and you made them look even better! Great job! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete