Friday, October 18, 2013

Spellbound Halloween Mini Album

 Welcome Back!  Today's post features a Halloween themed mini book (kraft ringed binder) using the papers from CTMH's Spellbound collection.  I was able to score this paper pack on clearance for $2.50--it came with 12 pages of cardstock (sunset, black, and slate) in addition to all of the patterned papers so it was a wonderful deal!  I am not that much into Halloween personally (totally different story when it comes to fall...) but I have a dear friend who is and who recently lost her father to cancer.  So when this little kraft binder came in the mail (had a company logo on it)...I knew JUST what to do with the Halloween papers!  I covered the front, back, and spine of the binder with heavy-duty adhesive (glue dots, Tombow) and tied it off with a black striped grosgrain ribbon bow (CTMH).  Honestly, a flourish of black rhinestones is what this album really needed to finish it off, but I was hoping to get it in the mail for my friend upon her return from her dad's memorial service...so I did not have the luxury to fuss over it!

Let me take you on a tour inside...
 (Note: All stamped images were done with a clear Halloween stamp set I purchased from Michaels years ago (brand unknown) in black pigment ink)
 Embellishments: Silver shimmer trim (CTMH), black/white/orange baker's twine (local scrapbook store), gray striped washi tape (SU), adhesive gems


 There is a pocket on the left page (above)
 I had JUST enough scraps for this little card! Sentiment from Year Round Cheer (CTMH, retired) in black ink.

 And a look at the album with a matching card--
LOVE!!  Hope my friend gets a HUGE smile from this and feels LOVED and ENCOURAGED as she pops in her family photos to celebrate her favorite holiday!  The best part is that there is plenty of room inside to add to through the years--cardstock pages make it super easy--just trim, punch holes, and add as you go! 
I love you Gloria!!  Enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment