Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Gratitude Journals

Back again with some more fun fall artwork!  I stamped these canvas journals from CTMH--they were a steal at $2.25 on their clearance website!!  I snatched up half a dozen or so of these and made these 3 gratitude journals for a Fall-i-day party I was recently invited to.  The party was so fun!  Basically, everyone was asked to bring 3 fall items that represented what they love about fall (for $5 or less).  Then, we each gave a short presentation of why we brought what we brought, and then drew 3 names out of a pail and those ladies received the gifts.  So...you brought 3 fall items and left with 3 different fall items!  Fun!  I was super excited to receive a Starbuck's gift card as one of my gifts...Pumpkin Spice Latte here I come!!  But I digress... :)  I, of course, had to bring something crafty and I personally journal a ton, so these was a perfect gift from me, and with the clearance price tag (even with shipping) they fit the bill!
I stamped these with a retired CTMH stamp called Autumn Splendor using the "rock and roll" stamping technique with Barn Red, goldrush, olive, and chocolate inks (CTMH).  Then I cut CTMH's burlap ribbon lengthwise and wrapped it around the front cover, tying it in a knot.  For the tag, I stamped the sentiment from the Always Grateful stamp set from CTMH (love this set!) on colonial white cardstock and then backed it on a olive cardstock tag shape.  I adhered the tag to the cover with glue dots and then added a round durable stud for the tag's "hole". 
Inside I stamped another sentiment from the Always Grateful stamp set...
Here it is upclose...
You can tell I love these colors--look at the journal on my bedspread!  I live in these colors all year round :)
So, I paired these journals with the subway art fall cards from this post--and made 3 of my friends very happy and grateful to receive these fun fall gratitude journals!  Have a grateful day and thanks for stopping by, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment