Monday, June 10, 2013

Hexagon Friendship Card


I don't know about you, but I am really enjoying the new hexagon craze in the design/crafting world!  For my birthday (back in February) I received this hexagon punch from Creative Memories--I am in LOVE!  It is one of those positionable punches that can be placed anywhere on the page, so it is nice to use it both for the punched shapes AND for the negative space it can create for a card front, for example.

Here's an upclose picture of the card (feel free to click on it to make it even larger and to see it in more detail)...



I used the Tea for Two paper pack from Stampin Up that features all sorts of quilt patterns--LOVE pairing this paper pack with the hexagon punch, since hexagons are a popular shape used in quilt making.  I popped up the middle coral hexagon with foam tape (on top of another coral hexagon) for a bit of extra dimension.  I stamped the sentiment "I'm Celebrating Today" from the Because of You stamp set (CTMH, retired) in Calypso Coral ink (SU)--inside reads "because you are my friend."  This makes a great birthday card or just a "thinking of you" type card.

Another favorite of mine--burlap!  So I decided to feature this card next to my farmhouse-style flower arrangement on the back porch :)

Have a creative day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment