Sunday, November 29, 2015

Woodland Embossed Gift Box


I had a lot of fun this morning trying out a new technique--embossing AND stamping using an embossing folder!  I love the 3-dimensional effect this technique creates, and I think you will, too!

I used this card and tutorial for inspiration to make my gift box, as well as the Stampin' Up Woodland embossing folder, cocoa and white cardstock (CTMH), Cocoa and Outdoor Denim inks (CTMH) and a rubber brayer.  The gift box is also from CTMH (retired) and has a magnetic flap enclosure to keep photos, note cards, and mementos nice and safe!

Using the rubber brayer, I rolled Outdoor Denim ink onto the embossing folder (the side printed "Sizzix") and then stamped three trees using the CTMH's Always Grateful stamp set in cocoa ink on the same side of the embossing folder.  Then, I placed the white cardstock in the folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug.


Here's an up close view of the awesome texture of the embossed trees!  Finally, I did this a second time (without stamping the trees) and cut down the embossed cardstock to cover each side of the box, matting it with cocoa cardstock.

I am really excited with how it turned out, and I can't wait to gift it to a friend (or my MIL who LOVES trees) this winter!  I also am eager to try this technique to make a few note cards, too!


2 comments:

  1. I'm confused. How does the stamp image not end up on top of the embossed trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, it works! The inked image will only be on the surface of the embossing folder so when the paper is embossed and is pushed into the grooves, those parts will be ink-free! Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete