Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July Paper Pumpkin Kit

 Back again today to share with you my SU paper pumpkin project from July's kit.  I received it in my mailbox yesterday--yippee!  This kit was a party pennant kit, intended to make banners and signs with wooden skewers for cake toppers and such. 
Instead, I modified it to make three cards--two birthday and a baby boy card--check it out!
 The kit colors are really fun--summer starfruit, pool party, and island indigo--love this funky combo!  I simply paired the kit pieces with some pool party and island indigo cardstock for my cards.  The only other thing I added was a bit of lagoon baker's twine (CTMH) on the baby boy card (since I ran out of the twine included in the kit) and a bit of Tea for Two patterned paper (chevron arrow on boy card).  I also stamped the island indigo letters with the Trinity alphabet stamp set (CTMH).  The background stamps and pool party and summer starfruit inks all came with the kit.
3-D pop dots were used to give some of the banners and letters a little lift!  I like how these turned out and how versatile the paper pumpkin kits can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment