Friday, December 28, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things...

I saw the cutest Yankee Candle display in the store the other day--it was inspired by "The Sound of Music" and featured various candle fragrances entitled "Whiskers on Kittens" and "Brown Paper Packages"--so adorable! Of course, for me, my favorite things have to include ink, stamps, and paper!

As the year draws to a close, I love to establish a sense of closure on things...crafty projects included!  I wanted to post a few of my favorite card projects that I have made throughout the year...in no particular order!  Feel free to click each image to see it larger and in more detail.  Here we go...




This is a fun card (above) that I made using the Cottage Floral stamp set (CTMH, retired) and SU brights collection of inks and cardstock.  The sentiment, stamped in black, is from a wood and rubber stamp I found in the $1 bin at Michaels--like I've posted before, I LOVE sentiments that feature two different fonts!  A little bit of glitz glitter gel was applied to a few flower centers for some extra sparkle.


 
 
This card has a Victorian feel to it--I used CTMH's Find Your Style stamp set (retired) in chocolate ink with Perfect Day paper pack (retired) and Juniper card stock.  Mocha adhesive pearls finish it off.
 

 
I have made a slew of these baby cards that feature either hand or foot prints, for both boys and girls!  These stamps were some I picked up at Michaels years ago--I want to say they are Hampton Arts.  The sentiment is a clear set I bought at Target, also years ago.  This card is directly inspired by these clean and simply cards by the uber talented, Lisa Stenz--check her version out here.
 
 



This card was directly inspired (aka copied) from a SU catalog several years ago.  It features olive green and black--definately a different color scheme for me.  I used CTMH's Connections stamp set (retired) and then the sentiment is from Fiskars thank you stamp set.  The ribbon was a perfect match, and I also used CTMH's Simple Stitches stamp set (retired) for the faux stitching above the scallop border.


 
These next two cards feature a few Stamp of the Month stamp sets from CTMH that they offered earlier this year.  The above card features Juniper and black--again, a new color scheme for me--perfect for a masculine birthday card (gave this one to my brother-in-law).  I basically used the entire You Are...stamp set (April) for the card--it has sentiments, banners, borders, and backgrounds (diamond) that I thought was really neat!
 

 
This card uses the Life is Tweet Stamp of the Month (June) and the bright colors of the Dotty for You paper pack (retired) with some Paradise flowers.  I stamped the sentiment in Lagoon ink (inside reads..."it's your birthday").  I paper-pieced the bird--this was a fairly new technique for me and I really liked the results!
 
 
So that is a look at some of my favorite card projects that I did throughout the year.  As you can see, I like to use new and old products--I figure, if I don't use it...I need to lose it!! 
 
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment