Friday, July 13, 2012

July 4th Cards



Hope you all had a fantastic July 4th holiday!  I enjoyed some great time with my hubby and kids and also got to do some crafting beforehand to send some happy mail to some out-of-town family.  I didn't want to post these on the blog until after they were received and enjoyed, so here it goes now!

For these cards, I used scraps of patterned paper (retired) and cardstock from CTMH, and then used the American Celebrations stamp set from CTMH for the images and sentiments.  Ink colors used were Riding Hood Red (SU), Pacifica (CTMH), and Daffodil Delight (SU), and black. 

One of the cool and unique features of cardstock from CTMH is that it is white-core.  So, for these cards, I used a rectangle of Pacifica cardstock and scored lines in it using my Martha Stewart score board at regular intervals.  Then, I flipped the cardstock over and, using a fine-gauge crafting sanding block, I sanded over the scored lines until the white core peeked through.  As a final touch, I used glitter glue to give some sparkle to the stars and fireworks.





Here's my last version using a CTMH die-cut card base (love these!).  The foam numbers are also from CTMH (retired).



God Bless America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment