Sunday, February 26, 2012

Isaac's Valentines

I know Valentine's Day was almost two weeks ago, but I did want to share with you what I did for my son's Valentine exchange at school before the month gets away from me. Since he only has 8 kids in his class, and I did not feel like dragging my 3 kids into yet another store, I decided to whip these up one evening during my craft time. I used one of my favorite "boy" stamp sets Playin' Hard (CTMH retired) for the digger image and stamped it in Basic Gray ink (SU!). Then, I cut a slit above the digger's scoop with a craft knife and layered a punched heart (Marva) which I had popped up with some 3D foam tape, so that the tip of the heart fit into the slit. I then stamped the sentiment with the smallest alphabet from CTMH's Trinity stamp set (love how you get 3 fonts in 3 sizes with this one stamp set), highlighting the word "dig" in the pun with Riding Hood Red ink (SU!). Then, I layered the stamped image on a piece of patterned paper from CTMH's Sweetheart collection (retired). Isaac seemed to really like them and I think they turned out "masculine" enough--hard to do with Valentine themed craft supplies sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment