Sunday, July 8, 2012

Footloose Cards: Sea Turtle

Hi there!  I have been enjoying some much needed family time this summer--hope you have too!  I have been in the "beachy" theme for awhile now, thanks to this great paper pack from CTMH called Footloose.  It blends some beautiful neutral colors with blue and green hues that really shout SUMMER!  The card series I will post over the next week uses this paper pack and one of my FAVORITE stamping techniques called the "rock and roll."  Basically, you stamp your image in a lighter inkpad color, then roll the edges around in a darker inkpad color, and then stamp your image onto paper.  The colors blend so beautifully and it comes out differently every time!  This card features a cute little sea turtle from the Workshop on the Go Footloose kit--my oldest daughter is currently very into sea turtles, so this has proven to be a fun stamp set for her to use, too!  I stamped the sea turtle in Creme Brulee ink first, then rolled it in Olive--kinda cool, huh?


The inside reads "...you are in my thoughts and prayers." and is stamped using Card Chatter--Sympathy stamp set (CTMH).  This little card will accompany a meal I am delivering for a friend recovering from back surgery tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment